OTG GRADING SCALE
Listed below is the Overtime Grading scale. These descriptions are basic guidelines, which represent the evaluation standards of Overtime Grading’s service. Other factors not mentioned may exist and may affect the grade given to a card. Grades issued by OTG describe and represent the condition of the card and are not representations, assumptions, or statements of the card’s monetary value.
Card must be perfectly centered with sharp focus, sharp corners, no stains, no breaks in surface gloss or finish. No printing or manufacturing imperfections and no surface scratches or marks are allowable. The card is virtually perfect.
Card characteristics include 60/40 or better centering, sharp focus, sharp corners, no stains, no breaks in surface gloss or finish, and little visible wear. Slight printing and manufacturing imperfections or surface scratches are allowable if they do not detract from the appearance of the card.
A card with 60/40 or better centering, sharp focus, and sharp corners. Minor flaws may exist upon close examination. Minor flaws may include but are not limited to a slight imperfection on one corner, a small break or scratch in gloss or finish, a minor print/refractor line, a minor focus or color imperfection, or a small print spot.
A card with 70/30 or better centering, corners sharp to the naked eye, but may exhibit slight wear under closer examination. A few minor flaws may exist upon close examination. Minor flaws may include but are not limited to a slight imperfection on one corner, a small break or scratch in gloss or finish, a minor print/refractor line, a minor focus or color imperfection, or a small print spot.
Card characteristics include 70/30 or better centering, slight wear on more than one corner, minor scratching, some print spots or speckling, and print/refractor lines are acceptable. The card may exhibit a slight diamond cut shape.
A card with 75/25 or better centering, slight fuzzing of multiple corners, a slight to moderately skewed cut, focus or register may be off, and edges may be jagged or imperfect.
A card with 80/20 or better centering, rounding/fuzzy corners, one rough or jagged edge (no layering), one slight “spider” crease on one side of the card, gloss/finish may be lost from the surface with some scratching that does not detract from the appearance of the card.
A card with 85/15 or better centering, rounding/fuzzy corners with surface wear. May show a light crease or “spider” crease on one or both sides. May achieve this grade with a slight tear or surface break.
A card with 90/10 or better centering, moderately rounded or fuzzy corners, larger creasing may be evident on one or both sides, card may be poorly focused and/or discolored, and may have stains.
A card centered 90/10 or better. This card usually has one or more of the following: discolored or poorly focused, heavy print spots, heavy crease(s), pinhole(s), surface scuffs or tears, rounded and/or fuzzy corners, ink, or pencil marking(s), and lacks original finish or gloss.
A card centered 90/10 or better. This card usually has multiple flaws including discoloration or poor focus, heavy print spots, heavy crease(s), hole(s), surface scuffs or tears, rounded and/or fuzzy corners, ink, or pencil marking(s), and lacks original finish or gloss. Small pieces of the card may be missing.
This grade may be given if a card is deemed to be real/authentic but has been altered, damaged by a case, has a large foreign substance/stain on the card. (i.e., trimmed, marked up with ink or pencil, glue, gum, pinhole, etc.)
ACCEPTABLE CARD SIZES
We only grade standard 35 point. Point represents the thickness of the card. A standard trading card is 2.5 by 3.5 inches and around 35 point in thickness so our slabs will fit these types of cards. Our size requirements are the standard, plus or minus 2.5 mm. Sports Cards that fit these specifications will be given a grade.
Sorry, we currently do not grade re-prints, custom cards or other collectibles.
POLICIES AND DISCLAIMER
- OTG makes no warranty as to the value or future potential of the sports card we grade, certify, or slab;
- OTG renders an opinion to the best of all current available criteria as to the authenticity of the sports item we grade, certify, or slab;
- OTG accepts no liability for inaccuracies, errors, or counterfeit items beyond its control;
- OTG’s liability for any reason whatsoever is limited to the total fees paid for certification;
- OTG accepts no liability for any misrepresentations made by you or your company to anyone associated with OTG;
- OTG may at its discretion, reject / refuse to grade any items that have been trimmed, recolored, restored, altered, tampered with, or are of questionable authenticity. No refunds will be given for cards described above, no exceptions;
- Breaking open a OTG holder voids certification of that card and OTG will not be liable to the customer for any damage to the card;
- Attempting to remove the tamper evident OTG certification decal from a graded item will render the certification null and void.